Friday 14 December 2012

Childhood Monsters


Have you even woken from a dream left scared and seeking comfort from a creature long lost?
I have.
I found myself scrambling to awake from a dream that haunted me many years ago
I stand at a door that isnt my door, a house that isn’t my house and yet I feel like im home.
Behind the door lingers a shadow,  a shadow I know but don’t want to believe.
Shaking, heart racing the door is opened to that smirking face and black and pink horns.
Her voice is blood curdling, her eyes insight fear.
She enters as if she belongs here.
The house is dark,  in the room she chooses to sit , a front room...
That’s not mine and yet is.
On a sofa,  deep red.
The horns are hidden, in its place is flowing black hair.
She wants something from me, something I'm not willing to give.
All the fear resides in my throat in my nerves.
She seems bigger than life, with no light to bathe in.
No quilt is thick enough to hide me from the sin that has crept its way in...
To my mind.
The demon more threatening trying to appear human, but no quite succeeding.
In a tower a body lies, I who am me but different, crouches above it.
She walks in, intimidating malicious and happy.
Awake she still marks my mind, looming darkness in my frontal lobe.
Heavy she stalks my thoughts as she did the dark corners of my room by my door.
When i was young, a melancholy being, a harbinger of pain.
Come to bother me once again.
13/12/12

No comments:

Post a Comment