Monday 12 March 2012


ACTIONS

Most times we don't think of what we say or do,
the reactions they warrant 
as it isn't aimed at you
the taunting the teasing, the endless stream of pleasing
we never consider that we could be the reason
why that girl is bleeding
long sleeves to hide to vertical scars
oversized t-shirts disguising too many lumps and bumps?
or maybe, just maybe too little?
Hats to hide unacceptable hair, or baldness
Penny-less pockets due too fashionable trainers
The outspoken render the unconfident silent 
But too what avail?
Most of the time we don't think of what we say or do
or how its ever relevant
until its aimed at you.

RBM 13/05/11

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, you make it flow so well! I wish I could do that with poetry. ;) The juxtaposition between "the taunting, the teasing" and "the endless stream of pleasing" is great. Being mean to others has always been my biggest pet peeve. I genuinely don't understand how some people can be as heartless as they are. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun. Honestly I don't either, I've never understood it and the worst part is you genuinely see this kind of thing everyday. But the joke is if the situations were turned around the same people who bully others, would be able to take the constant belittling. I think its much easier to be nice than to put effort into being horrible. x

      Delete